Please note...:

--- Since this blog is new and I'm learning on the go, it's still under constant construction. - I appreciate hints, tips, comments, complaint and critiques! Just drop me a line...--- ^-^ thx

Sonntag, November 04, 2012

Wood needs to be naked...

     Some days ago I cracked my teapot, having the freshly boiled water spilled all over our kitchen counter. Worse things happen of course, since it was just water, BUT our counter is of barely treated (we oiled it roughly just once) beechwood. It soaks water quite fast and already has lots of coves, rifts and stains. That reminded me on how urgently we wanted to fix that kitchen problem - but somehow I don't really want to. I like that used look it has gotten.
    Flaws here and there, patina and purity... don't you think, too, that this gives the material a certain honesty and more corporeal, palpable feeling of reality?
I know there're options to conserve woods, without influencing their natural look too much.
But still, I wanna see my wood counter live and wither. ;)

Impermanence is so much more exciting than pretended immortality!

   These are some adorable examples of patina-permitted wood used in Interiors.

via The Yellow Door Paperie
via The Persuit Aesthetic
by Rikki Tikki via Schoener-Wohnen.de

via Schöner Wohnen.de



via First Home (Tumblr)
via the blue hour
Picture courtesy of Andrea Brugi
Picture courtesy of Andrea Brugi
Picture courtesy of Andrea Brugi
via The Style Files
via WABI SABI
via WABI SABI
by deco&style, via Wunderweib.de

Keine Kommentare :

Kommentar veröffentlichen

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...