Please note...:

--- Since this blog is new and I'm learning on the go, it's still under constant construction. - I appreciate hints, tips, comments, complaint and critiques! Just drop me a line...--- ^-^ thx

Donnerstag, September 06, 2012

Tiki Mugs galore!

    It might be more obvious than I like it to be, that I got my name from something, not from birth. I'm just totally into Tiki-style and Polynesian Pop Lifestyle and used to run around with a self-printed shirt with some Tikis on it in college. So they started calling me that way, which admittedly I grew very fond and proud of.

   If you wonder what that "Tiki" actually means, here's a Wiki quote:
Tiki refers to large wood and stone carvings of humanoid forms in Central Eastern Polynesian cultures of the Pacific Ocean. The term is also used in Māori mythology where Tiki is the first man, created by either Tūmatauenga or Tāne. He found the first woman, Marikoriko, in a pond – she seduced him and he became the father of Hine-kau-ataata. In the Māori language, the word "tiki" was the name given to large wooden carvings in roughly human shape, although this is a somewhat archaic usage. The carvings often serve to mark the boundaries of sacred or significant sites.....

   For quite a while I'm trying to sketch my own Tiki for a logo or some other personalized use.  But I still can't decide which style to pick. - I LOVE THEM ALL! ;)

   Nevertheless I just found another site, where they show a huge collection of tiki mugs. They come in all shapes and sizes! I wish I had money to purchase some... But maybe it would even be cooler to sculpture my own version... hm,... that's a thought worth working out further...

But for now, here are some favourites from Surfcitytiki (presented on Ooga-Mooga)

Beachcomber Cafe Tiki Mug

Ku Ku Kachoo Retirement Edition

Forbidden Island Tiki Mug II Brown

Kaoha

Kon Tiki Tucson Milan Guanko Face Mug

Mondo Maori Tiki Mug Green

Sam's Seafood Maori Mug

Gecko Shot

Harvey's Lake Tahoe Bucket Mug

Keine Kommentare :

Kommentar veröffentlichen

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...